Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It's hot in Southern Cal!

Now that the holidays are over I'm trying to get back to healthier eating:) Here is one recipe I'd like to share that helps me jump start back into that mode. I usually juice once a week with various fruits and vegetables, but today it's soooo hot (what crazy weather we're having!) I felt like drinking lemonade so I opted for this sort of healthy lemonade - you can use a juicer or even a blender (which is better for you since it keeps the fiber). Enjoy!

4 granny smith apples
2 lemons
2 limes
4 stalks of celery
pinch of cayenne pepper





Wash and prepare all vegetables for cutting...






Cut into large pieces and place them in a bowl.



Cut apples last and squeeze lemon juice over them so they don't turn brown:)








Place all in juicer until liquified (or blender until well blended). If it's still too think you can pour through a sieve for more clarity:)



Pour into a glass or bottle for later. Add cayenne pepper to taste....but not too much or you may end up clarifying just your nose!





Enjoy!


5 comments:

Michelle said...

This looks great sis! I love your pictures...such refreshing colors and great photography! :) I need to get a juicer.

Tracey said...

Oh,, I love the color of that drink and granny smiths are my favorite apple of all time. I think it's the green color.. love that green. I'll have to try this, but can you really use a blender?? I don't have a juicer..can this be done?? I'll have to try. Thanks for a great tip and sure will try it!!

Janet said...

Hi Tracey, yes of course you can use a blender! If it's still too think just add water and pour through the sieve again - actually I should be doing that because it keeps way more vitamins and nutrients in the juice!

cottage farm villa said...

Oh YUM!!!! I am missing SoCal right now.....I'll take the hot over the cold!

~Cheryl

CatHerder said...

mMMM now THAT looks YUMMY! Im definately going to try that!