Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Waiting in Anticipation

Alright, I'll admit it.  With all my baking, decoupaging and making handmade soaps, deep inside I'm a Trekkie at heart.  Always have been, always will be.  In fact, many thought my dad looked like Leonard Nimoy!  He was the one who actually introduced the series to me as a kid and I've watched ever since!


When I worked for UPN a few years back I even asked to work on the new "Enterprise" series with Scott Bakula.  They started me out slow with "Voyager" (which wasn't the best in the series) and then to "Enterprise".  I wrote and produced on-air promos (or commercials that promoted the series).  I was in Trekkie heaven.


My favorite series was "Star Trek: The Next Generation"....nothing like Captain Picard up against a few random Borg!



Now, just a few years later I'm elated to discover another Trekkie on the horizon.  Looks like a pretty handsome cast too - I can't wait to see it!  Live long, prosper, and enjoy the new film!

7 comments:

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

My son loved the series, too. I'm sure he'll go to the movie. It's kind of rare to find a woman who's a Trekkie! LOL!
XOXO
Joni

Pam said...

I watched Star Trek as a kid every Saturday morning. It will be fun to see this movie.

Cynthia's Cottage Design said...

HI Janet,

Oh I so loved that show and the movie will be great! I'm taking my Middle son to see it as soon as I can! My best friend is an avid fan and she will be one of those on line the night before, lol, just for the fun of it :)

Hugs, Cynthia

Michelle said...

Oh I am definitely going to see this! The trailer looks entertaining. I STILL watch the show sometimes late at night. :)

Rue said...

Hi Janet :)

I'm a secret Trekkie, but I'm a snob about it, because I only really like the first series LOL I do look forward to this movie though :)

Live long and prosper...
rue

Caroline said...

Oh brilliant! Beam me up, Scotty...
I have always loved the show, particularly the first few series. The new film looks awesome, I can not wait.

Anonymous said...

Get out!!! You worked on the Star Trek series?? Ok, now, I'm really worshipping you (sorry, Michelle, I may adore your sister more than you now...LOL!).

I started watching ST:TOS when it first syndicated in Hong Kong in 1968. Have had a crush on Mr. Spock since then (in fact, I just created a quiz on Facebook on how well my friends know me, and that was one of my questions: who was my first crush?).

And, I recently attended a talk by Susan Sackett who was the assistant to Roddenberry. I met Roddenberry himself back in 1980. Yeah, I'm a die-hard ST gal.

I like to describe Voyager to people as ST-lite. TNG was, by far, the best, even though I was raised by TOS.